IMPORTANT: READ THIS Veracity3 AND KALOOP SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE AGREEMENT (THIS “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING REGISTRATION OR ACCESSING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY CLICKING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON OR BY OTHERWISE USING OR ACCESSING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND, IN SUCH EVENT, “YOU” AND “YOUR” AS USED IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT THE "I DECLINE" BUTTON AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
A. Agreement Definitions
“You” and “your” refers to the individual or entity that has ordered Veracity3 (“Veracity” or “Veracity3” or “Veracity Cubed”) and/or Kaloop Software as a service from Tri-8, Inc. (“Tri-8”) or an authorized distributor by clicking the “I ACCEPT” button or by otherwise accessing or using the software. This Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement (hereinafter “agreement”) consists of system administration, system management, and system monitoring activities that Tri-8 performs for Tri-8 programs, and includes the right to use the Tri-8 programs, support services for such Tri-8 programs, as well as any other services provided by Tri-8 (collectively, the “services”). The term “programs” refers to the software products owned or distributed by Tri-8 to which Tri-8 grants you access as part of the services, including program documentation, and any program updates provided as part of the services. The term “users” shall mean those individuals authorized by you or on your behalf to use the services.. The term “your data” refers to the data provided by you that resides in your services environment.
B. Rights Granted
Upon clicking the “I ACCEPT” button or by otherwise accessing or using the software, you have the nonexclusive, non-assignable, royalty free, worldwide limited right to use the services solely for your internal business operations and subject to the terms of the agreement. You may allow your users to use the services for this purpose and you are responsible for your users’ compliance with the agreement.
You acknowledge that Tri-8 has no delivery obligation and will not ship copies of the Tri-8 programs to you as part of the services. You agree that you do not acquire under the agreement any license to use the Tri-8 programs specified in excess of the scope and/or duration of the services as set forth in this agreement. Upon the end of the agreement or the services thereunder, your right to access or use the Tri-8 programs and the services shall terminate.
C. Ownership and Restrictions
You retain all ownership and intellectual property rights in and to your data. Tri-8 or its licensors retain all ownership and intellectual property rights to the services and Tri-8 programs. Tri-8 retains all ownership and intellectual property rights to anything developed and delivered under the agreement.
Third party technology that may be appropriate or necessary for use with some Tri-8 programs is as follows:
Your right to use such third party technology is governed by the terms of the relevant third party technology license agreement and not under the agreement.
You may not:
• remove or modify any program markings or any notice of Tri-8’s or its licensors’ proprietary rights;
• make the programs or materials resulting from the services available in any manner to any third party for use in the third party’s business operations (unless such access is expressly permitted for the specific program license or materials from the services you have acquired);
• modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile, or reverse engineer any part of the services (the foregoing prohibition includes but is not limited to review of data structures or similar materials produced by programs), or access or use the services in order to build or support, and/or assist a third party in building or supporting, products or services competitive to Tri-8;
• disclose results of any services or program benchmark tests without Tri-8’s prior written consent; and
• license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, host, outsource, disclose, permit timesharing or service bureau use, or otherwise commercially exploit or make the services, Tri-8 programs or materials available, to any third party other than, as expressly permitted under the terms of the agreement.
The rights granted to you under the agreement are also conditioned on the following:
• the rights of any user licensed to use the services (e.g., on a “named user” basis) cannot be shared or used by more than one individual (unless such license is reassigned in its entirety to another authorized user, in which case the prior authorized user shall no longer have any right to access or use the license);
• except as expressly provided herein, no part of the services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means; and
• you agree to make every reasonable effort to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing the services.
D. Warranties, Disclaimers and Exclusive Remedies
TRI-8 DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT TRI-8 WILL CORRECT ALL SERVICES ERRORS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TRI-8 DOES NOT CONTROL THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. TRI-8 IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
FOR ANY BREACH OF THE ABOVE WARRANTIES, TRI-8 WILL REMIT A SERVICES FEE CREDIT TO YOU CALCULATED AT TEN PERCENT (10%) OF NET MONTHLY FEES FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICES FOR THE MONTH IN WHICH THE BREACH OCCURRED. THE CREDIT WILL BE PROVIDED ONLY TOWARDS ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCE FOR SERVICES OWED TO TRI-8, AND THE REMITTANCE OF SUCH CREDIT WILL REPRESENT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AND TRI-8’S SOLE LIABILITY, FOR ALL BREACHES OF ANY WARRANTY SPECIFIED IN THE AGREEMENT.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING FOR HARDWARE, SYSTEMS, NETWORKS OR ENVIRONMENTS OR FOR MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
If a third party makes a claim against either you or Tri-8 (“Recipient” which may refer to you or Tri-8 depending upon which party received the Material), that any information, design, specification, instruction, software, service, data, or material (“Material”) furnished by either you or Tri-8 (“Provider” which may refer to you or Tri-8 depending on which party provided the Material), and used by the Recipient infringes its intellectual property rights, the Provider, at its sole cost and expense, will defend the Recipient against the claim and indemnify the Recipient from the damages, liabilities, costs and expenses awarded by the court to the third party claiming infringement or the settlement agreed to by the Provider, if the Recipient does the following: (1) notifies the Provider promptly in writing, not later than 30 days after the Recipient receives notice of the claim (or sooner if required by applicable law); (2) gives the Provider sole control of the defense and any settlement negotiations; and (3) gives the Provider the information, authority, and assistance the Provider needs to defend against or settle the claim.
F. Support Services
Support services provided under the agreement are described as follows. Tri-8 will make available bugfixes and other program corrections to enable continued use of the Programs and Services, and will answer support questions via email or telephone as able during normal business hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays recognized in the United States) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Standard/Daylight Time. If you have purchased enhanced support, Tri-8 will respond according to the agreement indicated with that enhanced support purchase.
G. Term (and Termination) of Agreement
You can use the Programs and Services provided under this Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement for as long as you are in good standing on your account, or until you terminate the agreement. Upon termination, whether by your or Tri-8, all rights to access or use the programs and services shall end.
If either of us breaches a material term of the agreement and fails to correct the breach within 30 days of written specification of the breach, then the breaching party is in default and the non-breaching party may terminate the agreement. If Tri-8 ends the agreement as specified in the preceding sentence, you must pay within 30 days all amounts which have accrued prior to such end, as well as all sums remaining unpaid for the services ordered under the agreement plus related taxes and expenses. If Tri-8 ends the services under the Indemnification section, you must pay within 30 days all amounts remaining unpaid for services plus related taxes and expenses. The nonbreaching party may agree in its sole discretion to extend the 30 day period for so long as the breaching party continues reasonable efforts to cure the breach. You agree that if you are in default under the agreement, you may not use the services ordered.
In addition, Tri-8 may immediately suspend your password, account, and access to or use of the services (i) if you fail to pay Tri-8 as required under the agreement and do not cure within the first ten days of the 30 day cure period, or (ii) if you violate any provision within sections C, D, N or R of this Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement. Tri-8 may terminate the services hereunder if any of the foregoing is not cured within 30 days after Tri-8’s initial notice thereof. Any suspension by Tri-8 of the services under this paragraph shall not excuse you from your obligation to make payment(s) under the agreement.
At your request, and for a period of up to 60 days after the termination of the applicable agreement, Tri-8 may permit you to access the services solely to the extent necessary for you to retrieve a file of your data then in the services environment. You agree and acknowledge that Tri-8 has no obligation to retain your data and that your data may be irretrievably deleted after 60 days following the termination of the agreement.
Provisions that survive termination or expiration of the agreement are those relating to limitation of liability, infringement indemnity, payment, and others which by their nature are intended to survive.
H. Fees and Taxes
You agree to pay for all services ordered as set forth in the applicable agreement. All fees due under the agreement are non-cancelable and the sums paid nonrefundable. You agree to pay any sales, value-added or other similar taxes imposed by applicable law that Tri-8 must pay based on the services you ordered, except for taxes based on Tri-8’s income. You will reimburse Tri-8 for reasonable expenses related to providing any on-site portion of the services. Fees for services listed in an agreement are exclusive of taxes and expenses. All amounts invoiced hereunder are due and payable within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
You agree that you have not relied on the future availability of any services, programs or updates in entering into the payment obligations in the agreement.
By virtue of the agreement, the parties may have access to information that is confidential to one another (“confidential information”). We each agree to disclose only information that is required for the performance of obligations under the agreement. Confidential information shall be limited to the terms and pricing under the agreement, your data residing in the services environment, and all information clearly identified as confidential at the time of disclosure.
A party’s confidential information shall not include information that: (a) is or becomes a part of the public domain through no act or omission of the other party; (b) was in the other party’s lawful possession prior to the disclosure and had not been obtained by the other party either directly or indirectly from the disclosing party; (c) is lawfully disclosed to the other party by a third party without restriction on the disclosure; or (d) is independently developed by the other party.
We each agree to hold each other’s confidential information in confidence for a period of three years from the date of disclosure (when that information has not otherwise been deleted according to the terms of this agreement). Also, we each agree to disclose confidential information only to those employees or agents who are required to protect it against unauthorized disclosure in a manner no less protective than under the agreement. Tri-8 will protect the confidentiality of your data residing in the services environment in accordance with the Tri-8 security practices specified in the services policies referenced in the agreement. Nothing shall prevent either party from disclosing the terms or pricing under the agreement in any legal proceeding arising from or in connection with the agreement or from disclosing the confidential information to a governmental entity as required by law.
J. Entire Agreement
You agree that the agreement (including the information which is incorporated into the agreement by written reference including reference to information contained in a URL or referenced policy), is the complete agreement for the services ordered by you, and that the agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations, written or oral, regarding such services. If any term of the agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain effective and such term shall be replaced with a term consistent with the purpose and intent of the agreement. It is expressly agreed that the terms of the agreement shall supersede the terms in any purchase order or other non-Tri-8 document and no terms included in any such purchase order or other non-Tri-8 document shall apply to the services ordered. The agreement may not be modified and the rights and restrictions may not be altered or waived except in a writing.
K. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS (EXCLUDING FEES UNDER THE AGREEMENT), DATA, OR DATA USE. TRI-8’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS Veracity3 AND KALOOP SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE AGREEMENT OR YOUR ORDER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE TOTAL AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID TO TRI-8 FOR THE SERVICES UNDER THE ORDER THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. ANY DAMAGE IN YOUR FAVOR AGAINST TRI-8 SHALL BE REDUCED BY ANY REFUND OR CREDIT RECEIVED BY YOU UNDER THE AGREEMENT AND ANY SUCH REFUND AND CREDIT SHALL APPLY TOWARDS THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Export laws and regulations of the United States and any other relevant local export laws and regulations apply to the services. You agree that such export control laws govern your use of the services (including technical data) and any services deliverables provided under this agreement, and you agree to comply with all such export laws and regulations (including “deemed export” and “deemed re-export” regulations). You agree that no data, information, software programs and/or materials resulting from services (or direct product thereof) will be exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of these laws, or will be used for any purpose prohibited by these laws including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation, or development of missile technology.
M. Miscellaneous Provisions
1. Tri-8 is an independent contractor and we agree that no partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship exists between us. We each will be responsible for paying our own employees, including employment related taxes and insurance.
2. You shall obtain at your sole expense any rights and consents from third parties necessary for Tri-8 and its subcontractors to perform the services under the agreement.
3. The agreement is governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Oklahoma and you and Tri-8 agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state court in Payne County, Oklahoma and the federal court in the Western District of Oklahoma in any dispute arising out of or relating to the agreement.
4. If you have a dispute with Tri-8 or if you wish to provide a notice under the Indemnification section of this Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement, or if you become subject to insolvency or other similar legal proceedings, you will promptly send written notice to: Tri-8, Inc., 100 East 7th Avenue, Stillwater, OK 74074, USA. Tri-8 may give notice applicable to Tri-8’s Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service customer base by means of a general notice on the Tri-8 portal for the services, and notices specific to you by electronic mail to your e-mail address on record in Tri-8’s account information or by written communication sent by first class mail or pre-paid post to your address on record in Tri-8’s account information.
5. You may not assign the agreement or give or transfer the services or an interest in them to another individual or entity. If you grant a security interest in any portion of the services, the secured party has no right to use or transfer the services or any deliverables.
6. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of Tri-8’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to the agreement may be brought by either party more than two years after the cause of action has accrued.
7. Tri-8 may audit your use of the services. You agree to cooperate with Tri-8’s audit and provide reasonable assistance and access to information. Any such audit shall not unreasonably interfere with your normal business operations. You agree to pay within 30 days of written notification any fees applicable to your use of the services in excess of your rights. If you do not pay, Tri-8 can end your services and/or the agreement. You agree that Tri-8 shall not be responsible for any of your costs incurred in cooperating with the audit.
8. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act does not apply to this Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement or orders placed under it. You understand that Tri-8’s business partners, including any third party firms retained by you to provide computer consulting services, are independent of Tri-8 and are not Tri-8’s agents. Tri-8 is not liable for nor bound by any acts of any such business partner, unless the business partner is providing services as a Tri-8 subcontractor on an engagement ordered under this Veracity3 and Kaloop Software as a service agreement.
N. Force Majeure
Neither of us shall be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other license); other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. We both will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event. If such event continues for more than 30 days, either of us may cancel unperformed services upon written notice. This section does not excuse either party’s obligation to take reasonable steps to follow its normal disaster recovery procedures or your obligation to pay for the services.
O. Your Data is … Your Data
You agree to provide any notices and obtain any consents related to your use of the services and Tri-8’s provision of the services, including those related to the collection, use, processing, transfer and disclosure of personal information. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness and ownership of all of your data.
P. Restrictions on Use of the Services
You agree not to use or permit use of the services, including by uploading, emailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting any material, for any purpose that may (a) menace or harass any person or cause damage or injury to any person or property, (b) involve the publication of any material that is false, defamatory, harassing or obscene, (c) violate privacy rights or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, (d) constitute unsolicited bulk e-mail, “junk mail”, “spam” or chain letters; (e) constitute an infringement of intellectual property or other proprietary rights, or (f) otherwise violate applicable laws, ordinances or regulations. In addition to any other rights afforded to Tri-8 under the agreement, Tri-8 reserves the right to remove or disable access to any material that violates the foregoing restrictions. Tri-8 shall have no liability to you in the event that Tri-8 takes such action. You agree to defend and indemnify Tri-8 against any claim arising out of a violation of your obligations under this section.
Q. Services Tools
Tri-8 may use tools, scripts, software, and utilities (collectively, the “tools”) to monitor and administer the services and to help resolve your Tri-8 service requests. The tools will not collect, report or store any of your data residing in the service production environment, except as necessary to troubleshoot service requests or other problems in the service. Data collected by the tools (excluding production data) may also be used to assist in managing Tri-8’s product and service portfolio and for license management. You agree that (a) except as set forth in the following paragraph, you may not access or use the tools, and (b) you will not use or restore the tools from any tape backup at any time following termination of the agreement.
If Tri-8 provides you with access to or use of any tools in connection with the services, your right to use such tools is governed by the license terms that Tri-8 specifies for such tools.
R. Statistical Information
Tri-8 may compile statistical information related to the performance of the services, and may make such information publicly available, provided that such information does not incorporate your data and/or identify your confidential information or include your company’s name. Tri-8 retains all intellectual property rights in such information.
S. Third Party Web Sites, Content, Products and Services
The services may enable you to add links to Web sites and access to content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of such third parties. Tri-8 is not responsible for any third party Web sites or third party content provided on or through the services and you bear all risks associated with the access and use of such Web sites and third party content, products and services.
T. Customer Reference
You agree (i) that Tri-8 may identify you as a recipient of services and use your logo in sales presentations, marketing materials and press releases, and (ii) to develop a brief customer profile for use by Tri-8 on Tri8.com for promotional purposes.